COVID-19 Information Page
Updated: May 4, 2021
Description: This page is dedicated to information about Lucerne Community Church’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic as we reopen our building for gatherings. Updates to this page will occur as new information needs to be communicated. Our goal throughout all of this is to bring God glory, particularly by taking reasonable steps to ensure the safety of the people He has placed into our care.
Changes as of March 7th, 2021.
Services are currently held indoors and the windows remain open for ventilation. Whether vaccinated or not, we still ask that everyone wear a mask, practice social distancing, and use hand sanitizer regularly.
Health and Safety Measures
In order to reduce the spread of disease at this time, the following health safety measures are set in place:
- Attendees are expected to check their own temperature at home before coming to the church facilities.
- If you are running a fever, or think you are running a fever, please stay home and care for your health and to protect others.
- If you are ill, or think you may be becoming ill, please stay home and care for you health.
- Everyone who is able to wear a face mask safely are expected to do so for the health and safety of those around them, specifically such as those in a higher risk group.
- While we ask that everyone brings their own face mask, we have masks available for those who forget theirs or do not have one.
- Additional safety precautions are included in the next section.
Modifications to our regular Sunday schedule and routines.
- Worship Service is at 11:00 am indoors.
- The sanctuary will be able to hold approximately 50 people, due to health recommendations of operating at reduced capacity.
- Bible Study class is temporarily suspended. We are hoping to be able to offer this again on site beginning this summer.
- Snacks and coffee time and after service lunch will be suspended until the church leadership feels it is safe to resume.
- Some of the pews are taped off to promote social distancing. Please do not remove the tape yourself.
Sermon Audios Available Online
Sermons will again be available through our podcast service beginning on May 8th. Due to a lack of technicians, we have discontinued our video recording. However, Pastor Mark will be evaluating the possibility of creating videos using the audio recordings and the slide presentations. You are be able to access recording from our Listen page, Facebook page, Podcast Channel, and YouTube Channel.
COVID-19 Informational Links
Lake County Health Department (main page)
- Coronavirus – Lake County health department information page about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- Press Releases – Lake County health department press release page regarding COVID-19. Here you will find current, public announcements from the county health department.
- Testing – Lake County health department information about COVID-19 testing in our county.
California Department for Public Health (main page)
- Coronavirus – California Department of health informational page about COVID-19. Includes links to alerts, press releases, and statistical information for the state.
U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (main page)
- Coronavirus – U. S. Department of Health & Human Services informational page about the federal governments response to COVID-19.
Coronavirus.gov – Centralized United States government website for information about COVID-19.
World Health Organization (COVID-19 page)